This is one of our favourite dishes here in GNL. Use some good quality white potatoes (not Rooster - they are a snoozefest). The taste is very salty but it works really well with the potatoes.
- 1kg potatoes - new or old both work well
- 250g Oriel Sea Salt (Whiskey Smoked or Natural)
- 2L of water or enough to cover the spuds
- Butter to taste
- Scrub the potatoes, and remove any eyes or bruises.
- In a large pot, add the salt and potatoes to the water
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer
- When the potatoes are cooked (soft when poked with a fork) drain and place back in the hot saucepan to rest
- Serve with butter or fried egg