Hull's Triple Cooked Hot Wings
My good friend Trevor J Hull worked in a bar in NYC many years ago. The chicken wings in that bar are famous all over the world and Trevor made sure to bring the recipe home with him. He has kept it a closely guarded secret until now...
- 2kg of chicken wings
- 250ml of Chilli Sauce
- 15g of butter
- A generous pinch of celery salt
- A small pinch of garlic powder
- Roast the chicken wings in the oven @ 180 degrees Celcius for about 25 minutes
- Fry the wings in hot vegetable or nut oil until crispy
- Get a hot wok or cast iron pan, toss the crispy wings in Chilli Sauce, celery salt, and garlic. Fry in butter until well coated and nicely browned.
- Serve with any cool sauce such as blue cheese sauce (natural yoghurt and blue cheese) and the obligatory stick of celery.